Sunday, August 16, 2009

No boys allowed!



Lily has been using this cabinet in our kitchen as a hiding place for quite some time. A couple of weeks ago, she and Abbie decided it would make a good clubhouse. Never mind the fact that we have about a 1000 square foot basement the kids use as a playroom. I guess this was a bit cozier. Abbie made a sign to put on the clubhouse, so that the boys would be sure to stay out (like one more person could fit). After the picture below was taken, the girls put pillows in the clubhouse to make it more comfortable for sitting. It is a deluxe clubhouse now.


I don't think the sign was necessary. Jack has no interest in being crammed in a cabinet with the girlies. He's got his own posse to hang with. I had to snap this shot one day when the boys were lined up on the porch step taking a water break from their adventures. They were all joking and laughing, having the best time.



On another note, Lily had her first school physical yesterday. She's doing great. She weighed a mere 25 pounds, 2 ounces with her clothes on. She is 35 1/2 inches tall. Come on, baby -- you're gonna make it to 3 feet one of these days! Dinky doo. I know of some other girls from the same region of China as Lily, and they are all tiny too. I didn't see one Chinese lady that was as big as me when we were there. And I only measured 5 ft. 3 in. at my last doctor appointment (I've gotten old enough now that the shrinking has begun). But Lily has been eating like a little piglet lately, and is very healthy. I thank God for allowing my munchkins to be healthy!

Jack has also been eating like crazy. He and Abbie have grown so much this summer. His hands and feet are huge. Kenny says Jack is like a great dane puppy, long and lanky with big paws to grow into. Speaking of big feet, Abbie now wears a size 8 1/2 shoe. I wear 7 1/2. Yikes!

I sometimes feel like a midget around Kenny's family. He's just shy of 6 ft. 6, and his family members are all taller than me. But when I get together with my side of the family, it's a different story. My sister, sister-in-law, and neice are all shorties. Thanks Melissa, Trish, and Marylee! You make me feel like big stuff.

Another bit of news is that Abbie had her first volleyball game yesterday! They won! Kenny and I are so proud of her for getting out there. She's never had much of an interest in any sport. She's always done things like dance, piano, and pee-wee cheerleading. She loves volleyball now, and actually has discovered some untapped athletic ability! Lily was in the stands yelling, "Go Abbie, go!" Jack was busy eating sour straws and asking when his basketball season starts.

I have to go out of town for the week, so unless Kenny can fix our old laptop, I won't be posting again for a while. But the next time should be good, with lots of pictures of balloonfest. Please check back in about a week or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment